Special Arrangements for COVID-19 (please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details)
In response to the unprecedented situation arising from COVID-19, Learn With Dragonfly will make the following special arrangements for program participants
- Learn With Dragonfly will make 90% refund to participants if programs need to be cancelled because of government announcement (such as ban on public gathering).
- For individual cancellations due to COVID-19 (e.g. having tested positive or being quarantined), Learn With Dragonfly will also make 90% refund to participants who submit valid medical proof within 24 hours after its issuance.
If any of the following circumstances occurs, Dragonfly Limited will charge an administration fee equivalent to 10% of program fee (non-discounted price) and refund the remaining portion of program fee to participants:
- Dragonfly Limited has decided to cancel the program(s) which the participant is enrolled in because of government announcement arising from the COVID-19;
- The participant has tested positive to COVID-19 or is on (self) quarantine for COVID-19 symptoms. Valid medical proof must be submitted to Dragonfly Limited within 24 hours upon its issuance.
1. How qualified are Learn With Dragonfly instructors?
All Learn With Dragonfly instructors all possess first aid certifications and have passed the Sexual Record Conviction Check conducted by the Police.
They come from an international background with a wide range of outdoor certifications issued by internationally recognized associations, including British Canoe Union (BCU) and Mountain Leader Training Board (MLTB).
Learn With Dragonfly instructors are even experienced in teaching emotional intelligence (EQ). We are a partner of global leader in EQ (Six Seconds), and we have several staff who have certifications in the courses of EQ for Practitioners, EQ for Educators, EQ Assessors, and EQ Advanced Trainer. In addition, we conduct added in-house training.
2. How does Learn With Dragonfly ensure the safety of participants?
Prior to any course, Dragonfly leaders run a risk assessment of the locations that includes terrain, weather, considerations unique to the site, and emergency protocols.
In addition, Dragonfly ensures all participants wear appropriate safety equipment (e.g. helmets, floatation devices and climbing harnesses) during activities. Participants are also monitored for good health and hydration throughout courses.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, Dragonfly does not allow persons who have travelled outside of Hong Kong within the last 14 days to join our programs. Dragonfly staff will also conduct temperature check at the start of each program day. Participants with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to attend our courses on that day.
3. How do I register for the Easter Adventure Camp?
You need to go through just a few simple steps to register for the Easter Adventure Camp?
- Go to the Easter Adventure Camp page at https://www.learnwithdragonfly.com/easter-camp and click “Register Now!”
- Complete application form by filling in the personal particulars of the participant(s) and choosing the program(s) you are interested in
- Settle payment by credit card (Paypal)
You will receive a confirmation email once we confirm that you have finished the above registration and payment procedures.
4. What are the arrangements for meetup and dismissal?
For programs held in Sai Kung, Dragonfly picks up and drops off participants at the entrance of Sai Kung Tang Shiu Kin Sports Ground (西貢鄧肇堅運動場).
For programs held in Mui Mo, Dragonfly picks up and drops off participants at Central Ferry Pier No.6 (to Mui Wo). Participants will have to pay their ferry fee for both the departing and returning journeys.
5. What items do I need to bring?
Once participants have completed registration and payment, they will receive an information pack via email called “Reminder for Easter Adventure Camp” containing a packing list which sets out what personal items they need to bring for the program, such as appropriate hats and shoes.
All the safety equipment necessary for outdoor activities will be provided by Dragonfly.
6. Does Dragonfly provide food?
Learn With Dragonfly does not provide any food during activities. All participants should prepare their lunch boxes.
7. What if I cannot attend the course(s)?
For cancellations due to general medical reasons (not related to COVID-19) you will need to submit a doctor’s note at least 7 calendar days in advance of the course you cannot attend. Your timely submission of medical proof is necessary for substantiating your medical claim. If you fail to do so, you will not be eligible for any refund.
For cancellations due to non-medical reasons, you will also need to inform Dragonfly at least 7 calendar days in advance.
Any participants who fail to inform Dragonfly at least 7 calendar days in advance cannot get any refunds. This applies to the participants who inform Dragonfly on or after the day of program. However, Dragonfly will consider making alternative arrangements for those participants, such as moving them to another date.
In order to cover the operational cost it has already committed, Dragonfly will charge at least 30% of the program fee (non-discounted price) as administrative charge on the cancellation.
8. If I cannot attend the program, can I transfer my place to my sibling/friend?
No. Dragonfly does not allow this to happen due to operational needs.
To enroll a sibling/ friend into our Easter Adventure Camp, the original participant needs to cancel his/her registration from the course(s) officially. The new participant needs to file a new application and complete the registration and payment procedures all over again.
9. Can I place myself and my sibling/ friends in the same group?
It depends on whether there are enough places in the group. To ensure the best learning experience for participants, Dragonfly has been sticking to the policy that each activity group should have no more than 16 participants.
Although Dragonfly will assess the operational feasibility of accepting such request, we still encourage participants to step out of their own social circles by making new friends.
10. What happens if the weather is severe?
We define severe weather as Red Rainstorm Warning or above and Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above issued by the Observatory of Hong Kong.
If severe weather warning is hoisted at the scheduled start of the program, the course will be delayed until the warning is lifted. Dragonfly will reschedule the program as it sees fit for the participants.
11. Is my privacy protected?
Protecting participants’ privacy has always been a priority of Dragonfly. We will never give or sell participant’s personal particulars (including medical and dietary status) to a third party. The images of participants will only be used for our marketing purposes.